To schedule an inspection for your project, you may call (281) 291-5669 or e-mail the Seabrook Building Department with the following information:
- Project address
- Project (permit) number
- Description of the type of inspection needed
- A contact name & phone number
- Any special requests or information for the Inspector (i.e. morning or afternoon inspection, lock box number, location of item to be inspected.)
The Building Department performs inspections Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Inspection requests received before 8:30 a.m. in the morning will be scheduled for the same day. Any requests received after 8:30 a.m. will be placed on the next available inspection day. Inspection requests received after 8:30 a.m. on Friday will be scheduled for the following Monday.
Partial inspections can only be schedule by contacting the Building Department at (281) 291-5669 and speaking with the Building Inspector doing inspections that day.
Gas & Electrical Emergencies in Occupied Homes
Inspections of repairs needed for reconnection of utilities will be conducted on the same day. New Residential Home Construction
All trades will be inspected together when doing Cover & Final inspections.
Commercial Construction Projects
When coordinated with the Building Inspector, trades may be inspected separately during Cover & Final inspections depending on the project size. Please be courteous to your neighbors when building in Seabrook.
- The City of Seabrook allows construction work within the city commencing no earlier than one half hour after sunrise and ceasing work at least one half hour before sunset every day.
- The city requires contractors to keep their construction sites adjoining properties and public right-of-ways clean and free of debris. Building materials stored on site shall be neatly stacked out of the mud and water and shall be secured against movement by wind and flowing water. Garbage shall be kept in closed containers and shall be removed no less than twice a week.
- Streets shall be swept daily. In addition, siltation and erosion devices must be continuously maintained to prevent infiltration of sediment and debris into any storm drainage system and unto public and private adjoining property.
- Sanitation Facilities for those working on site is required and should be maintained on a regular basis.
- All dumpsters and trash boxes used within the City of Seabrook must be contracted from the City’s exclusive franchise. Please contact the Seabrook Water Department at (281) 291-5678 to arrange for trash boxes of all sizes. It is a misdemeanor to use trash containers from other than the franchise.