How to Apply
Seabrook Police Department Civil Service positions are filled by conducting an entrance examination or promotional examination.
For entry-level positions, an applicant needs to review the entire job description on the job opportunities page, read the Applicant Instruction Packet, and submit an Interest Form with supporting documents by the posted deadline.
A physical agility test will also be required. The top three scoring candidates will be selected and begin an intensive background review and interview process. This is a very lengthy process and can take one to two months to complete. All offers are contingent upon the successful results of a drug and alcohol screening, background check, driving record check, and, on some positions, a pre-employment physical and credit check.
For promotional positions, an employee needs to review the entire job description and submit the Intent to Test Form by the posted deadline.
Applicants will be notified of the exam date, time, and location. A score of 70 is considered passing. If you receive a passing score, your name will be placed on an eligibility list.
Review the position and qualifications you are interested in on the job opportunities page. Submit a completed Employment Application to the Human Resources Department by:
- Clicking on the apply button for the position and setting up an account for electronic submission of application. The advantage of this method is that your profile is saved and can be reused to apply for other jobs. You will need an email address for this process.
- Fax to (281) 291-0361
- Mail or drop off in person at Seabrook City Hall
The process takes time and we ask you to be patient. If you are not contacted for an interview, the posting has either been canceled or another applicant has been hired. If you are interviewed and given a job offer. All offers are contingent upon the successful results of a drug and alcohol screening, background check, driving record check, and, on some positions, a pre-employment physical and credit check.
- Reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be made, when necessary, during the application process
- Resumes for posted jobs and/or advertised jobs will be accepted; however, applicants must complete and sign a City of Seabrook application form if they are interviewed
- Any application or supplement containing any misrepresentation by the applicant will be cause for cancellation of the application process or termination if they have been hired by the city
- Applications for employment will expire after 90 days unless otherwise notified
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the City of Seabrook not to discriminate based on color, national origin, sex, religion, age, veteran’s status, or handicapped status in employment or the provision of services.