Ordinance No. 2014-12, Regulations for Commercial Filming, requires that anyone filming for a commercial purpose must obtain a Film Permit through the Office of Communication. To receive a permit the applicant must provide the following:
- Title of the commercial, film or photo shoot.
- The type of production to be undertaken.
- The location(s) of the filming.
- The dates and times of the filming.
- Contact information for the production office, producer and location manager.
- Production schedule and activities. The following activities may require an additional permit:
- Special Effects
- Aerial Photography (Drones)
- Amplified Sound
- Use of Animals
- Number of persons involved with the production, including cast and crew.
- Anticipated need of City personnel, equipment or property.
- Description of any areas in which public access that will be restricted due to production.
- Description of any alterations that will be made to the property.
- Number and type of production vehicles that will be used and the locations where they will be stored.
- Location where the crew will be fed, if not at the production location.
- Location where extras will be held, if not at the production location.
- Food vending will require health permits from the Harris County Health Department.
The Application fee is $50 and it may be waived for non-profit organizations.
Download Filming Permit Application (PDF)