With the Declaration of Disaster in effect for Seabrook, the Seabrook Office of Emergency Management is elevated to a Level 2- Partial Activation and continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation across the region and state.
To help mitigate the spread of the virus the City of Seabrook is complying with the current recommendations and guidelines as recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as follows:
- Seabrook Municipal Court citations and fines may be resolved either by a telephone hearing or will be postponed to a future date. For further instruction please contact the Court by calling (281) 291-5674.
- No facility reservations will be made between March 17 to May 11 and existing reservations during this time will be refunded. Please contact facility rentals by calling (281) 291-5725 for more information.
- Boards and commissions meetings between March 17 to May 11 have been canceled unless necessary action is needed.
- Seabrook City Council will meet via teleconferencing on Tuesday, March 17 at 6:00 p.m. To listen to the meeting or give public comment please contact the Office of the City Secretary at (281) 291-5663 for call-in instructions. Download and view the agenda at seabrooktx.gov/agendacenter.
- No special event permits will be issued between March 17 to May 11. Existing permits during this time frame will be canceled. Special event permit applicants will be contacted directly with more information.
- Per the Galveston Bay Foundation, Trash Bash scheduled for March 28 has been canceled.
- The Monroe Field Splash Pad will not open on April 1 and will remain closed until posted otherwise.
- The first Saturday Bird Count scheduled for April 4 has been canceled.
- The Seabrook Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for April 11 has been canceled.
- The Birding ID Seminar scheduled for April 30 has been canceled.
- The first Saturday Bird Count scheduled for May 2 has been canceled.
- At this time the May 2 Charter Election has not been canceled, however, we encourage voters who are eligible to vote by mail to please do so. For more information contact the Office of the City Secretary by calling (281) 291-5663. Please be aware that postponement of the election may be issued by City Council.
- The “Remembering our Fallen” Memorial Day Ceremony scheduled for May 25 has been canceled.
- Utility service disconnects have been temporarily suspended. Customers may contact Utility Billing with questions by calling (281) 291-5713. Customers are encouraged to use alternative options to make payments, including mailing a check or paying online at seabrooktx.gov/payments.
During this state of emergency, we ask that you do not inundate Seabrook Dispatch with non-emergency calls. In the event of a non-emergency call the non-emergency phone line at (281) 291-5610 and follow the prompts to connect with dispatch. Please only call 911 in an event of an emergency. 911 dispatchers are adhering to additional protocols at this time and will be actively screening callers to better determine what first responders will encounter when responding to a call for service. These new protocols are in line with the CDC guidelines for emergency dispatch centers.
At this time there have been no confirmed cases in Seabrook. Should the Office of Emergency Management receive notification of a confirmed case in Seabrook, residents will be notified. The City of Seabrook will continue to coordinate with local and state officials and updates will be posted to seabrooktx.gov and to social media.