Council SharePoint Site
Robin Lenio, City Secretary, updated the City Council on a private SharePoint Site for Councilmembers, where they can find information, documents, and resources they use for acting in their elected capacity. The site can be accessed from any laptop, desktop PC, or smart phone.
EVENTS & HAPPENINGS
Please mark your calendar for these upcoming events and happenings.
- Christmas Tree Recycling – December 27 - January 9 – all day – Public Works
- Tree Planting – January 7 – all day – TBD
- Community Shred Day – January 18, 2023 – 5:00pm-7:00pm – City Hall Grounds
BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
Open Space and Trails Committee
By unanimous vote, the City Council approved the reappointment of Debra Harper, Nehemiah Jackson, and David Popken to the Open Space and Trails Committee, for terms to expire January 1, 2026.
Industrial District Agreement
By unanimous vote, the City Council approved the appointment of Mayor Pro Tem, Buddy Hammann, to assist in negotiations with the City Manager between the City and the Port of Houston for the expiring Industrial District Agreement.
Harris County Subsidence District
The City Council unanimously approved the reappointment of Steve Gillett to the Harris County Subsidence District Board of Directors, for a two year term beginning January 31, 2023.
Lakewood Yacht Club Drive
By unanimous vote, the City Council approved a proposal with Cobb Fendley for Engineering Services associated with improvements to Lakewood Yacht Club Drive, up to Blue Dolphin, under CIP Project S25, in an amount not to exceed $29,536.00.
Alternate Members – City Boards and Commissions
The City Council discussed and gave direction to the City Secretary to reach out to all City Board and Commission Chairs for discussion by each board or commission regarding adding alternate positions to their board or commission membership.
Charter Review Commission and Charter Amendment Election
The City Council discussed and gave direction to the City Secretary and the City Manager to put together a list of potential candidates to be placed on a Charter Review Commission to begin work on March 1, 2023, for a November 2023 Charter Amendment Election. Applications will be due in late January, for appointments on February 21, 2023.
With the announced retirement of current City Attorney, Steven L. Weathered, the City Council unanimously approved an agreement with Olson & Olson for interim legal services until an RFQ can be published and submissions received for Council’s consideration for appointment of a new City Attorney.
City Manager Update
Gayle Cook, City Manager, updated and reported to the City Council on various items that require no action, including Recap for Seabrook Boards and Commissions, SH 146 Expansion Projects, Red Bluff Expansion Project, Port of Houston Rail Spur, Gulf Coast Protection District, Public Meeting Livestreaming Project, City of Seabrook CIP Projects, and any City of Seabrook Grant Administration.
FUTURE MEETING DATES
- Council will hold a special City Council meeting on Tuesday, January 10, 2023, at 6:00pm to discuss a Council Procedures Manual.
- There will be a special joint City Council/Planning & Zoning Commission meeting on Tuesday, January 17, 2023, at 5:00pm, followed by a regular City Council meeting at 6:00pm.
- A special City Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 24, 2023, at 6:00pm for a CIP Review.
- There will be no meeting on February 7, 2023, and instead, a meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 31, 2023, at 6:00pm.