National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
Mayor Kolupski read a Proclamation to recognize January 9, 2023, as National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day and presented the proclamation to Sergeant at Arms, Officer Kimberly Boniface.
VIEW PROCLAMATION HERE
JOINT PUBLIC HEARING
Preliminary Planned Unit Development (PUD) – Seabrook Plaza
The City Council and the Planning & Zoning Commission held a joint public hearing on a Request for approval of a Preliminary Planned Unit Development (Preliminary PUD) to create "Seabrook Plaza Planned Unit Development" consisting of a boutique hotel, extended stay hotel, conference center and ballroom, approximately 25,000 sq. ft. of retail space, and a luxury multi-family apartment complex of approximately 260 units located on an approximately 11.096 acre tract of land. During each body’s regular meetings, the Planning & Zoning Commission unanimously voted to send a recommendation of approval to the City Council. City Council unanimously approved the Preliminary Seabrook Plaza PUD.
VIEW DEVELOPER PRESENTATION HERE
EVENTS & HAPPENINGS
Please mark your calendar for these upcoming events and happenings.
- Human Trafficking Awareness Month – January 1 - January 31
- Community Shred Day – January 18 – 5:00pm - 7:00pm – City Hall Grounds
- Yachty Gras Boat Parade – February 11 – 7:00pm – Clear Creek Channel
Chief of Police, Sean Wright, added the following information: January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month and the Seabrook Police Department recognizes the importance of the fight against Human Trafficking. Human trafficking involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act. Every year, millions of men, women, and children are trafficked worldwide – including right here in the United States. It can happen in any community and victims can be any age, race, gender, or nationality. If Human Trafficking is suspected, please contact law enforcement and report it. Together communities can fight Human Trafficking.
Sidewalk removal, disposal and replacement
During the FY2022-2023 budget process, the City Council approved a new budget line item within the Streets budget, 500-5155, for maintenance of sidewalks. The City Council unanimously approved Bid Award to and contract with Greenscape Six, LLC for removal, disposal and replacement of sidewalk, sidewalk ramps and curbs throughout the City of Seabrook for FY2022-2023, not to exceed $50,000.00.
Resolution 2023-01 Ad Hoc Committee for Electrical Substation Mitigation Improvements
By unanimous vote, the City Council approved Resolution 2023-01 to extend the term for the Ad Hoc Committee for an additional 90 days, until May 15, 2023.
Formal Complaint filed with Public Utilities Commission (PUC)
By unanimous vote, the City Council directed City staff to gather information for filing a formal complaint with the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) regarding the location of an electrical substation directly abutting the Red Oaks Acres Subdivision in the City of Seabrook.
City Manager Update
Gayle Cook, City Manager, updated and reported to the City Council on various items that require no action, including Recap for Seabrook Boards and Commissions, SH 146 Expansion Projects, Red Bluff Expansion Project, Port of Houston Rail Spur, Gulf Coast Protection District, Public Meeting Livestreaming Project, City of Seabrook CIP Projects, and any City of Seabrook Grant Administration.
VIEW PRESENTATION HERE
FUTURE MEETING DATES
- Council will hold a special City Council meeting on Tuesday, January 24, 2023, at 6:00pm to review the FY 2022-2023 Capital Improvements Program (CIP) and hear information from tax attorney regarding associated tax implications for issuance and timing of a possible bond election.
- The next regular City Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 31, 2023, at 6:00pm in lieu of the February 7 regular meeting. There will be no City Council meeting on February 7, 2023.
- A special City Council Strategic Planning meeting will be held on Friday, February 10, 2023, at 9:00am. Location is still to be determined.
- A regular City Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 21, 2023, at 6:00pm at Seabrook City Hall Council Chamber.