Economic Development
Click to Home

Go To Search
Section Links
Commercial Construction
Before you begin commercial construction within Seabrook city limits you must contact the City of Seabrook Building Department. Permits are required and certain guidelines and codes must be followed.  

Obtaining a Permit
Most construction requires a Building Permit, however, cosmetic changes and nonstructural repairs may not require one. If in doubt, please give us a call at (281) 291.5731 . The general contractor or licensed trade contractor will need to fill out a permit application form available at:

Seabrook City Hall
1700 First St.
Building Department, Second Floor 
Seabrook, TX 77586
Please Note
Work requiring permits cannot start until the permit is issued by the building department. Permit applications must be reviewed and approved by department staff and all fees are calculated at that time. We accept MasterCard and Visa payments for building permits and registrations. 

Contractors performing work in the City of Seabrook are retired to register with the Building Department. 
See the Permitting page for the application and requirements. 

Commercial Construction or Development 

For commercial construction or development, the developer is required to submit the plans for review by the City Planner. 

Required Documents

The owner, architect, or general contractor will have to submit to the building department the following documents for plan review and approval (please provide information in a digital format):  

  • Three complete sets of floor plans / blueprints with calculations including, but not limited to, elevations, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural. The plans must show and dimension all building lines and easements at suitable scale (1/4 inch = 1 inch) unless otherwise noted, including square footage. Foundation plans and framing plans must have the seal of a structural engineer, registered in the State of Texas. 
  • Foundation plan(s) - All copies must have an original Texas registered structural engineer's seal and signature. Copies of the signature and seal will not be accepted. 
  • Framing plans must include structural ceilings, floors, roofs and walls. All new home construction and commercial projects must be signed and sealed by a registered Texas Structural Engineer. Copies are not acceptable. 
  • Plot plan and site survey, including a legal description. The survey must have been completed by a professional surveyor and have their stamp or seal. 
  • Elevation certificate
  • Windstorm requirements - An engineer must supply the calculations for the required 120 mph wind load. These calculations must be signed and sealed by a registered Texas structural engineer. The engineer must be in the TDI list of registered engineers to work in high wind load zones. 
  • Third party energy code - Passed, signed and dated 
  • Approval by the fire marshal
  • Approval by the Harris County Health Department, if required

Community Development
1700 1st St.
Seabrook, TX 77586

Ph: (281) 291.5669
Fx: (281) 291.5690

Sean Landis

Building Official
Nick Kondejewski

Building Inspector
Matthew Littleton

Code Enforcement
Alana Rohlfs

Alesia Hammock

Vivian Ramos

Connect with Us