Most construction requires a Building Permit, however, cosmetic changes and non-structural repairs may not require one. If in doubt, please contact the Building Department. Permit applications and plan documentation may be submitted Via E-Mail: Permits@Seabrooktx.gov.
Permits are Required For:
- Storage Buildings
- Swimming Pools, including Hot Tubs and Spas over 24" deep
- Driveway or Patio Extensions
- New Roofs or Roof Repairs
- Window and door installation and replacement
- Siding Repair and replacement.
- Patio Covers, Porches or Sun Rooms
- Foundation Repairs and Re-Adjustments
- House or Building Moving
- Building Demolition
- Gas Reconnections
- Electrical Reconnections (if meter has been removed)
- Air Conditioning Unit and Water Heater Replacements
- Permanent and Temporary Signs and Banners
- Trade Work - Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC
- Tree Removal
- Fill Permits
Please Note: Work requiring permits cannot start until the permit is issued by the Building Department. Permit applications must be reviewed and approved by department staff and all fees are calculated at that time. We accept MasterCard and Visa payments for building permits and registrations (in person only, phone and on line payments are not available).
Applications, Ordinances & Forms
- Application for Certificate of Occupancy (PDF)
- Contractors Registration Applicaton(PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Alarm & Fire Sprinkler Permit Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Open Records Request Form (PDF)
- City of Seabrook Building Ordinance (CH 18)
- City of Seabrook Flood Ordinance (Ch38)
- Disaster Scams Informational Flyer (PDF)
- City of Seabrook Street List (PDF)
- New Home Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Storm Damage SOP and Recovery Permit (PDF)
- Residential SOP for Inspections (PDF)
- Commercial SOP for Inspections (PDF)
- Swimming Pools SOP for Inspections (PDF)
- TCI Form - Electrical Release (PDF)
Contractors doing work in the City of Seabrook are required to register with the Building Department. Download Registration Form (PDF)
Each of following must be received, approved, and entered into our system before any work may be permitted or commenced in the City of Seabrook. NOTE: Per Texas State Law, Plumbing, Fire, and Electrical contractors are not required to pay registration fees but are still required to register in order to pull permits.
- Completed Contractor’s Registration Application
- Proof of Insurance stating the City of Seabrook as a Certificate Holder
- $100,000 minimum/$300,000 aggregate
- Copy of State Contractor’s License (when applicable)
- Copy of State Master’s License or other required state license (When applicable)
- Copy of the Driver’s License of the owner of the Company registering.
- Copy of the Driver’s License of the Master/other state license holder (When applicable)
- $75.00 registration fee for Company being registered
- $75.00 registration fee for Master/other state license holder (when applicable)
The Master or other required state license holder for the company (or Owner if no Master/other are required) must come to Seabrook City Hall in person to complete the registration process, pull the first permit for the company, and supply the Building Department with a notarized list on Company Letterhead of those authorized to pull permits in the company’s name or under their Master license.
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) must review commercial projects with a valuation greater than $50,000 for Texas Accessibility Standards. [Texas Senate Bill No. 484] Contact ADA at (800) 803.9202. Building permit applications will not be accepted for construction covered by this law unless TDLR verifies the required review.
Both commercial and residential projects must show compliance with the 2009 International Energy Conservation Code. [Texas Senate Bill No. 5] Model Energy Code (MEC) compliance information may be obtained at (800) 270.2633.
No public or commercial building may be demolished or renovated without an asbestos survey, which must be conducted before the building permit is approved. [Texas Senate Bill No. 509] Information and assistance may be obtained from the Texas Department of Health at (800) 572-5548 or (512) 834.6610.
When submitting your plans for review, we request the following format be used: Submit a filled out Permit application and one (1) digital copy of plans and supporting documents. Permit applications and plan documentation may be submitted Via E-Mail: Permits@Seabrooktx.gov. Once approved, two (2) complete sets of paper plans and supporting documentation must be provided to the Building Department (typical only large commercial permits). Plans must be drawn accurately and to scale. Necessary proof of compliance from other agencies is required at the time of submittal including: G.L.O., Army Corp, TDLR, Etc. Review time for residential and miscellaneous projects is approximately 7 working days, with approximately 14 working days for commercial projects. Assistance and information may be obtained by calling 281 - 291- 5669