november 5, 2019 harris county election information
Early Voting for November 5, 2019 General and Special Elections:
Any qualified voter may vote in person at the main early voting polling place or at any other designated early voting branch location during designated times. Usually, there are numerous early voting locations in Harris County during the conduct of a countywide election.
EARLY VOTING HOURS:
Oct. 21-26: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Oct. 27: 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Oct. 28 - Nov. 1: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
EARLY VOTING LOCATIONS NEAREST SEABROOK:
Baytown Community Center
2407 Market Street
Baytown, TX 77520
East Harris County Activity Center
7340 Spencer HIghway
Pasadena, TX 77505
Freeman Branch Library
16616 Diana Lane
Houston, TX 77062
ALL EARLY VOTING LOCATIONS: https://www.harrisvotes.com/Docs/EarlyVotingPDFMaps/Early%20Voting%20Schedule_November%202019_4%20Languages_FINAL.pdf
ELECTION DAY POLLING LOCATIONS:
City of El Lago City Hall
411 Tallowood Drive at Ferndale Drive
El Lago, TX 77586-6060
Evelyn Meador Branch Library
2400 Meyer Road at El Mar Street
Seabrook, TX 77586-2964
Captain Inn and Suites Seabrook Kemah
2901 Nasa Parkway at Elam Street
Seabrook, TX 77586-3216
To vote in a Harris County election, you must be registered to vote at least 30 days before the election date. To change your name or address, a completed and signed application is also required. Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date. You can start the voter registrations process at RocktheVote.com.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Are you already registered?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of three methods to perform a search:
- Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
- Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
- Your first and last name.
Voting by mail
If you are 65 years of age or older; disabled; out of the county on election day AND during early voting; or confined in jail, but otherwise eligible, you may be eligible to cast your vote by mail.
May 1, 2021 General Election
The next Seabrook General Election will be on Saturday, May 1, 2021, at Seabrook City Hall, located at 1700 1st Street. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 13-February 12, 2021. Find additional election-related dates and information at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/guide/local.shtml, and those of the City of Seabrook Charter, Article II, at https://library.municode.com/tx/seabrook/codes/code_of_ordinances