- Be between the ages of 21 and 44 at the time of hire.
- Possess accredited high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be able to perform all of the essential functions of a police officer.
- Be legal to work in the U.S. and able to meet I-9 requirements.
- Pass a background check to meet minimal department standards.
- Complete an application and history screening process.
- Pass drug and alcohol screening.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting salary $56,720.56 up to $59,900.56 which would include Degree Pay and Intermediate Certification Pay.
- Paid overtime at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
- Annual step increases/pay raises.
- Longevity Pay is equal to $5 per month of service is paid annually each December.
- Certificate Pay: TCOLE (Non-cumulative)
- Intermediate at $780.00 per year
- Advanced at $1080.00 per year
- Instructors at $1740.00 per year
- Master at $2700.00 per year
- Education Pay: (Non-cumulative)
- Associate: $1,380.00 per year
- Bachelors: $2,400.00 per year
- Masters: $2,700.00 per year
- Doctoral: $3,060.00 per year
- TMRS Retirement 2 to 1 match, 7%
- 100% Medical/Dental/Vision
- 60% Dependent coverage
- Life, AD&D, LTC, LTD
- $5,000 Bonus after 24 months of full-time peace officer experience. Paid in two (2) installments.
- Time Off Benefits
- Holiday Bank - 144 hours per year
- Vacation - 120 hours per year
- Sick Leave - 120 hours per year
- Personal Leave - 8 hours per year
- Full uniform, leather/duty gear, pistol, taser and TCOLE training provided.
Civil Entrance Exam
All Entry Level Police Officers must take a Civil Entrance Exam coordinated by the Seabrook Police Department. Be sure to complete the Officer Interest Form so that you can be in the know for the next entrance exam date and time.
The Civil Entrance Exam contains two parts, a written exam and a physical agility test.
A multiple-choice examination will be given to eligible applicants. Admittance to the exam will begin 30 minutes prior to test time. You will receive a letter as the test date approaches. Candidates must pass the exam with a minimum score of 70%.
Physical Agility Test
The physical agility test will be administered immediately following the written examination. Candidates are required to pass the physical agility test by completing the following:
- Minimum of 22 sit-ups in 1 minute
- Minimum of 18 push-ups in 1 minute
- Dummy drag a 168-pound dummy for a minimum of 32 feet
- Other rules and regulations of the test will be provided prior to the test date
An applicant who has served in the armed services of the United States, who received an honorable discharge and receives a minimum passing grade on the examination of 70% shall receive five (5) points in addition to the applicant's final competitive grade. Applicants requesting "Veteran's Preference" shall furnish proof of eligibility to the director by submitting an undeleted copy of his/her DD Form 214. This will show on the eligibility list that will be posted.