Trees are an important part of every community. Our streets, parks, playground, and backyards are lined with trees that create a peaceful and aesthetically pleasing environment. Help beautify our city with trees by donating and planting trees at our local parks.
You can help our community by donating and planting trees in our parks and along our trails. Our parks need scattered shade trees, along trails and even near parking. All parks are potential candidates, in particular:
- Pine Gully.
Winter is the best time of year for tree planting and the donors will need to water the trees for the first year.
Native Tree Species
In order to assure survival native tree species should be planted.
- Shumard Red Oak (Quercus Shumardi)
- Mexican Oak ( Q. Polymorpha)
- Cedar Elm (Ulmus Crassifolia)
- Green Ash (Fraxinus Pennsylvanica)
- Mexican Sycamore (Plantanus Mexicanus)
- Nuttall Oak (Q. Nuttalli)
- White Oak (Q. Alba)
- Winged Elm (U. Alata)
- White Ash (F. Americana)
- Drumond Red Maple (Acer Rubrum)
- Overcup Oak (Q. Lyrata)
- Laurel Oak (Q. Laurifolia)
Simply fill out this form to get started. We will need your basic contact information plus identify how you would like help and someone from the City or the Open Space and Trails Committee will contact you.